At Artech House, we ask our authors what problems their books can help readers solve. In this series, we share what our authors aim to do in their writing. In this series, we show you what our authors, in their own words, wish to impart upon readers. We begin our series with Mohammad S. Sharawi, who, along with Oualid Hammi, wrote Design and Applications of Active Integrated Antennas had to say:
What are some problems your book can help readers solve?
- Design narrow band and wideband matching networks
- Design various types of radio frequency amplifiers
- Come up with antenna solutions with various types and model them in software packages.
- Come up with active integrated antenna solutions of various types and for various wireless standards and applications.
- Get familiar with a new co-design approach that can provide added features to the active integrated antenna system and its application to MIMO
- Get familiar with step-by-step tutorial on state of the art software packages needed to design such active integrated antenna systems
What are the features of your book and the specific benefits a reader can expect to derive from those features?
Feature: Latest design methods for narrow and broadband RF matching networks.
Benefit: This will make it easier for the designer to choose the appropriate matching method based on the design under consideration, leading to faster design cycles. Also, use of software packages will make this process almost instantaneous.
Feature: Detailed and complete listing of various types of active integrated antennas.
Benefit: This will reduce the search time for the user as this title is the first to provide a comprehensive description of various types of AIA in addition to providing a detailed literature review of previous works in this area making it easier on the user to identify previous works and build on.
Feature: Complete listing of performance metrics for active integrated antennas.
Benefit: This is the first title to touch upon the design process of AIA and the performance metrics of various types. This will make is easier on the designer to identify the parameters to look for when coming up with a new design.
Feature: Introducing the co-design method of antennas with amplifiers
Benefit: The co-design approach is the first to be described in details in this book and provides better efficiencies, better gains, better correlation performance in multi antenna systems (i.e. MIMO), and smaller AIA size. These are excellent benefits from this procedure that is described in details with examples on narrowband, wideband and ultra-wideband MIMO applications.
Feature: Real world examples and illustrations.
Benefit: These examples provide the user with direct application of the concepts provided and the detailed step by step software package tutorials provides the design steps details starting a design from scratch and ending up with a fully functional AIA. Several software packages are introduced and used with step-by-step tutorials in the appendices of the book for new users. The book has a CD with several complete design examples using the software packages introduced within the book.
Please name the audiences at which this book is aimed. How will this audience use your book?
- Graduate students: This book will expose the students to latest state of the art in AIA design with detailed examples clarifying the various design steps
- Practicing engineers: This book will provide practicing engineers the starting point to come up with AIA design for future wireless terminals of various specifications and types through the comprehensive design procedures and integration of the use of software packages in the design process to speed up the modeling process.
- Research scientists: This book is the first to provide a comprehensive literature review pf previous works in the area of AIA for various applications and types. This will help the research scientist know what has already been done in this area and allows him/her to pick up where literature stopped and add to the knowledge. In addition, the details examples and use of software packages will allow the scientist to pick up in the area faster and starts contributing more solutions to upcoming wireless devices and standards.
For more information or to order, click here.