Authors Dante Del Corso, Roberto Quaglia, Vittorio Camarchia and Paolo Bardella describe the benefits of their book, Telecommunication Electronics, and the problems their book helps solve:
The book describes various units and circuits of a telecommunication systems, from functional levels to the circuit details and examples. Emphasis is on functions which characterize such systems, such as RF amplifiers (LNA and PA), mixers and frequency multipliers, phase lock loops, Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog conversion techniques, circuits, and systems. The goal is to analyse the various solutions and tradeoffs, with guidelines for design and/or selection of proper functional units.
The book assumes a preliminary knowledge of applied electronics: BJT and MOS transistors, operational amplifiers and feedback, and logic circuits. The prerequisites include communication concepts like spectral analysis, amplitude distribution, analog and numeric modulations.
It provides a general description of the main functional building blocks of a modern radio frequency system from baseband to the modulated signal, describing in details how to change to analog to digital (and viceversa), move in frequency, and amplify the data stream both for the transmitter and receiver chains. The goal is to develop skills, competencies, and abilities in high frequency analog circuits and systems design.
What problems does your book help the reader solve?
- Effects of design choices in the implementation, performance, complexity and cost of telecommunication subsystems.
- Detailed design of some parts of these systems.
- Selection of functional subsystems available as integrate devices of pre-assembled units.
What are important features and benefits of your book?
- Feature: Guidelines for the various implementation choices in the design of telecommunication equipment.
- Benefit: Defined design procedures to optimise performance of the analyzed functional building blocks
- Feature: System units are preliminary analyzed at the functional level going then into a more detailed description at circuit design level.
- Benefit: Orientation to a top-down design approach.
Click here for more information or to order.