When Artech House authors write their books, we ask them what they want their readers to get out of the project. In this series, we show you what our authors, in their own words, wish to impart upon readers. Uri Vered, author of Intersystem EMC Analysis, Interference, and Solutions, describes what his book is about:
- The book is intended as a text for teaching Electromagnetic Compatibility, and a reference book for professionals in their daily work.
- The book deals with interference between receiving and transmitting electronic systems, as deployed in an area, namely: interference radiated from the interferer’s antenna and received by the victim’s antenna.
- The book deals with inter-system EMC and intra-system EMC.
- The book provides methodologies for defining EMC requirements for the device, platform, site, and arena levels.
- The book provides techniques and the mathematical framework for performing EMC prediction and calculations to solve electromagnetic compatibility problems.
- The book presents classic techniques and several original EMC calculation techniques and procedures. Among these techniques are the following:
- The calculation of probability of interference based on the frequency difference between two devices, each operating within its own frequency band;
- The probability of interference, given two devices, each transmitting and receiving pulses, which may overlap;
- The case in which only cardinal (principal) plane antenna patterns, rather than 3D antenna pattern data are available.
- In theory, all the devices’ parameters should be available for analysis, but in practice, the absence of some data is common. I have included many proposed default values to be used to overcome this difficulty
- Although the book is meant to consider all transmitting and receiving systems and devices, the text and the examples emphasize military applications.
- Though the treatment of EMC problems is quite mathematical and technical, some chapters are intended for operational personnel such as system analysts, project managers and operations researchers.
For more information or to order, click here.