At Artech House, we ask our authors what problems their books can help readers solve. In this series, we share what our authors aim to do in their writing. Read on to find out what Warren Stutzman, who wrote Polarization in Electromagnetic Systems, Second Edition had to say:
What are some problems your book can help readers solve?
- Selection of an antenna for dual polarization or for a particular polarization
- Calculation of the power received by an antenna from a polarized or partially polarized wave
- Design of dual-polarized systems
- Calculation of wave behavior when propagating through depolarizing media
- Best use of polarization in wireless communications
- How to measure polarization of waves and antennas
What are the features of your book and the specific benefits a reader can expect to derive from those features?
Feature: Formulas for polarization state representations
Benefit: Permits calculation of received signals
Feature: Explanation of polarization aspects of antennas
Benefit: Enables system design and evaluation propagation, and wireless communications
Feature: Numerous graphs, examples, and end-of-chapter problems
Benefit: Aids in understanding principles and applications
Please name the audiences at which this book is aimed. How will this audience use your book?
- Practicing engineers: To design and evaluate communication and sensing systems for performance and capacity improvement by fully incorporating polarization
- Students: Formulas, graphs, examples, and problems teach how to apply principles in modern applications
For more information or to order, click here.